How To play Roulette And Win Online
Are you searching for an easy and profitable online casino game to play? Your best choice is online roulette. This popular table game has several variants, but generally, they all follow similar rules. Whether you’re a rookie player or an expert gambler, roulette will always offer you a fun time and the chance to win even real money.
This article is a complete guide to playing online roulette. A pro and a newcomer can equally learn from it.
In this article, you will find:
- Roulette rules and strategies
- How to play roulette online for real money?
- How to play casinos online with real money?
- How to win online roulette?
- How to play roulette strategies
- The most successful roulette strategy
- Best online real money casinos to play roulette
What Is Roulette
As you may know, roulette is a casino game of chance. The name has French roots meaning little wheel. But it likely comes from Italy and is a derivative of an old Italian game- Biribi. In this casino game, players should guess in which hole the spinning ball will land. The game is not this easy-peasy, though! It was just an introduction and I am about to start!
Online Roulette: Legal Or Illegal?
To make things easy, let’s get this uncomfortable feeling out of your way. I know when you want to play online, the first thing that pops up in your head is whether it is legal or not. If you are in the United States of America, everything depends on the state you are living in. Are you wondering if Federal law prohibits online gambling? Well, the truth is that this is just a myth and a misinterpretation of the “Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006.” There is an exclusive provision in this act about Wire Transfers. The clause prohibits gambling businesses to:
“knowingly accepting any funds associated with a person participating in an illegal online gambling through a bet or wager”.
But the act is aimed at the gambling businesses and it has nothing to do with you sending the money. The keyword here is that the business may not accept your gambling money. This is exactly why gambling platforms use Payment Processing companies to facilitate your money transfers. Still, to be on the safe side, if you live in a state that has not expressly legalized online gambling, do some research and make sure there is no clear prohibition against playing and gambling online. Also, check your state record to see if there is any record of someone facing legal charges due to gambling online. Basically, online gambling might be illegal but not enforced.
Anyways, I provide you with a map showing the legal status of online gaming in different states of the US. BTW, DO NOT FORGET to check the license of the casino site as well.
Best Online Casinos To Play Roulette
Although there are plenty of online casinos offering roulette games, I do not recommend them all. Instead, I recommend playing at the best online casinos because they are safe, licensed, and regulated. Also, the best casinos offer an extensive game selection offered by the best software providers in the industry. You can deposit and withdraw through several safe and fast banking options supported by them.
|Number of Roulette Variants
|Live Dealer Roulette
|Max Bet limit
|100% up to $5,000
|Up to $3,750
|Up to $6,000
|150% up to $3,000
|$500 per spin on a single table
Whether you are playing in Vegas or at home, the roulette rules are pretty much the same. This game is so popular and the reason lies behind its many variants. Roulette has several variants but the most popular ones are the American Roulette and European Roulette. But what are their differences?
The two variants differ in the roulette wheel and also house edge. The American wheel consists of 38 pockets for roulette balls. The pockets include black and red numbers from 1 to 36. The wheel also has two extra pockets for a single 0 and a double 00.
On the other hand, in European Roulette or French Roulette, the 36 numbered pockets are red or black. But there is only one green pocket for zero.
The difference in house edge may seem irrelevant, but this subtle difference really affects the outcomes of your bets. If you bet on particular numbers at American Roulette, your odds of winning are lower. It is 1 in 38. But the odds of winning in European Roulette is 1 in 37. You are wondering that the lower odds result in higher payouts, right? I’m sorry, but it’s actually a bummer! The American roulette doesn’t work like that. Although it features lower odds, if your bet wins, you will still get paid similar to European roulette. But why? Because that extra green pocket is not the designer’s whim. It is a strategic move to increase the house edge. So, American roulette has a house advantage of 5.26% which is a lot! But the house edge in European roulette is only 2.7%.
Well, Well, Well! Do you need me to spell out which variant is better?! Go with the better odds and lower house edge option.
But don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that you should not ever play American roulette. If you use a good roulette strategy (I will discuss later in this article), you can decrease the house edge significantly. Also, playing online will not make that much of a difference.
There are other versions that you can try out:
- Multiball roulette
- Mini roulette
- Royal roulette
- Multi-wheel roulette
Roulette Basic Rules
Roulette tables typically have room for 1 – 7 people. The dealer or croupier stands behind the table where the wheel and layout(betting area) are located. You have no bet limitations unless the dealer says “No more bets!”.
Unlike other casino games like blackjack or poker that require strategy and complicated decision-making, all you have to do in roulette is to place your wager and wait for the ball to land in a hole. No wonder why roulette is so popular amongst rookie players.
The objective of the game regardless of the variant and setting is to guess where the ball lands after the spinning Roulette wheel stops.
If you want to place a bet at the roulette table, first, purchase special roulette chips. Chips have different colors. If 7 people play at a table, seven different colors of chips will be used. This helps the dealer to know who bets on what to keep the payments straight. Normally, each player will be given 60 seconds to place their bets. However, you don’t have a time restriction while playing online roulette. As long as the ball is moving and has not dropped into a hole, you can place your bets.
Roulette betting options regardless of the variant are an inside bet and an outside bet. Inside bets must be placed on the number grid -layout. For example, if you want to bet on a number 2 landing on the next spin of the wheel, you should place an inside bet. An outside bet on the other hand should be placed on the layout that is outside the table.
Roulette Bets Explained
- The Straight bet is when you bet on a single number and if it wins, you will be paid $35 for every $1 wagered.
- A Split bet is placing your chip between two squares- two adjacent numbers. In this case, if either number hits, you will be paid $17 for every $1 wagered.
- For a Street bet, you should wager on a row of 3 numbers. For example, if you bet on 1,2 and 3, and the ball hits you will be paid $11 for every $1 wagered. It pays 11:1. This bet can include zero, too.
- If you wager on 4 numbers by placing your chip at the center of 4 squares, you have made a Corner bet. In this case, if your bet wins, you will be paid $8 for every $1 wagered. This bet also can include zero.
- Line bet is when a player bets on 00, 0, 1, 2, and 3. This bet pays 5 to 1.
- Dozens is a kind of wager that players bet whether the number 1 to 12, 13-24, or 25 to 36 will land. If the ball hits, the player will be paid $2 for every $1 wagered.
- Odd or Even bets are as easy as they sound. If the player thinks that an odd number will land, they wager on the odd zone which is in the layout area of the table. If the bet wins, the player will be paid 1:1 plus the original wager amount.
- If you think a red or black number will land, place your Red or Black bet which also pays out even money.
- Column Bet pays out the same as a dozen bet-2:1. For a column bet, you should wager on one group of numbers to land.
- High / Low Number bets also pay out even money. In this type of bet, low numbers are 1 to 18, excluding zero and double zero. On the other side, the high numbers are 19 to 36.
How To Play Roulette: Step By Step
The game does not involve so many steps and the outcome of your bet will be revealed after the following four steps:
- Place your bet according to the rules explained above
- The dealer spins the wheel. When playing online, you just need to click on spin.
- When the wheel stops and the ball settles in a pocket you get the outcome of your wager.
- Receive and enjoy your winnings.
There are so many different roulette strategies that you can use while playing online or at a land-based casino. Below is a breakdown of some of the most popular and successful roulette strategies. You should ask yourself the following questions before placing any roulette bets:
- Bankroll: Can you afford this?
- Game knowledge: Have you learned the rules?
- Experience: Have you practiced and played enough?
The Martingale strategy: Best for high rollers
Martingale or double-up method is one of the most famous roulette tricks. Theoretically, using this strategy, after each loss, you double your bets to eventually win and regain all your losses. But remember, you need a large bankroll to effectively execute this strategy. The only drawback to this system is the difference between your bankroll and the amount you win.
How to apply the strategy:
- Pick the betting section.
- Select the betting unit.
- If you lose, bet double the betting unit in the next turn.
- If you win, bet the betting unit chosen in the next turn.
Martingale strategy limitations:
- It is “foolproof” that you have an unlimited budget.
- Roulette tables have betting limits. For instance, at a roulette table with a minimum of 1 chip, often the maximum bet is 500 chips. So, you can do only 10 turns with the Martingale strategy.
- You may risk too much for nothing.
The Reverse Martingale Strategy
As obvious as its name, if you apply this strategy, after each win you double your wager. Conversely, if you lose, you should decrease your bet to the minimum amount. Theoretically, using this strategy, you can limit your losses and when you are on a winning streak you increase your bets and possible wins.
This one is particularly best for the first steps and is less aggressive than the first strategy. Using the D’Alembert system, you increase your wager by one after each loss and decrease it after each win. This is a much safer system for incremental gains. However, remember this roulette betting system works best on even payout bets like red/black.
The Paroli Strategy: Best for the first steps
The strategy says double your bet after each win, but only until you win three consecutive bets. When you reach three successive wins, you will return to the original stake, and you can repeat the process again. Remember, if you lose at any stage, you should go back to the original stake and start the process again.
The Fibonacci Strategy: Best For risk-averse players
The strategy works exactly the same as the Fibonacci sequence in mathematics. If you remember from your math class, the sequence starts with 1 and every next number equals the sum of the previous two.
Applying the same concept, for example, you start with the same 1 and continue the sequence until you win the bet and the strategy ends when you are back at the first number. However, keep in mind this strategy best works on even money bets and if you use it on inside bets, you end the game with a disaster.
Labouchere Strategy: Best for high rollers
This strategy best works on even money bets. So, it is better to use it for inside bets like red or black. To use this, first, you have to set your betting goal. In other words, you decide how much you want to win and divide it into groups of smaller numbers. For example, if you want to bet $10, your sequence will look like this: 1-1-1-2-2-2-1. This is just an example and your sequence can be anything. Because your sequence depends on how much you want to win and how you want to divide it up. Then, add the numbers at the far right and left together to determine your first wager amount. For our particular example, add 1(on the far left) to 1(on the far right) and get 2. $2 will be your first wager.
So, now, your new sequence after win looks like this: 1-1-2-2-2. For the next round, you add up 2 and 1 and $3 will be your next wager. But in the case of loss, you should not add up numbers. Instead, you must add your loss to the sequence.
Now, your sequence after loss will look like this: 1-1-1-2-2-2-1-2 and $3 will be your next round wager.
Guaranteed Roulette Strategy
Despite what some people might claim, there is no way to guarantee that you will win money when playing roulette online or even in a land-based casino. Yet, if you play French roulette and stick to even money bets, you increase your chances of winning. No strategy can provide a mathematically better shot of winning than any other. But I don’t mean they’re useless. They help you manage your bankroll and can add to the excitement of the game. Beyond that, as I said before, you’ll just need Lady Luck to be on your side to beat roulette.
Although there is no best strategy that 100% works, I can give you two strategies you need to avoid with 100% certainty. Here are the worst roulette strategies:
- Looking for patterns: this is a terrible roulette strategy because it is a waste of time and energy. Every online casino uses random number generators. This means the outcome of the game is 100% random. So, what is the point of searching for patterns where there are not any?
- 666 Strategy: this system says you should wager on as many numbers as you can simultaneously. This is not only risky but insane! Although theoretically, you increase your odds of winning by betting on more numbers, in reality, the result of this betting strategy is a big loss!
How To Play Casinos Online With Real Money?
Today, finding an online real money casino game is easier than ever because tons of online casinos offer real money games. However, to make things easy for you below is a checklist for choosing the best online casino for real money.
- It must be safe and secure.
- It should be licensed.
- Has a good reputation among users.
- Offers a range of safe banking options.
- Offers great bonuses and promotions.
- Has excellent customer support.
- Should be compatible with multiple devices (mobile friendly).
- Offers a high-quality online experience.
Overall, the steps for playing online casinos are:
- Find and select the casino (based on all the criteria explained above)
- Install safe casino software(or instant play)
- Create your account
- Make a deposit
- Explore the casino and the games
- Download the game
- Double click and let the fun begins!
Online Roulette VS. Vegas Roulette?
Who does not love the luxury experience of gambling in Vegas? The bright lights of Los Vegas, the fancy details of casinos, and the taste of Vegas buffets are components of an unforgettable experience. Add the thrill of the spinning wheel of roulette and you won’t forget the memory even if you get Alzheimer’s!! But not everyone can afford to create such a memory. What if you are bored now and want to play some roulette? Grab your phone and play online. This is the reason that online casino popularity boomed over the last few years. Although you cannot feel the same Vegas things, the thrill of gambling is the same with online casinos.
In addition to the cost, playing roulette has some other advantages:
- Convenience and ease of use. You can print out this guide and keep it with you and no one will hassle you!
- You can take your time to place your next bet, NO RUSH!
- Your odds of winning online are higher than in Vegas. Why? Because online casinos should not pay for all those luxury components, so, they can afford lower stake games with higher payout percentages.
- There is no distraction when you are playing online. Usually, roulette attracts so many people in land casinos and if you want to focus on your game, online is the best option for you.
How To Play Roulette Online And Win?
The best way to become better at roulette and practice is by playing free online roulette. After some time, when you are confident about your game knowledge, you can try playing roulette for real money. Remember, you have an unlimited amount of time to place your bets in standard online roulette. But if you play live dealer roulette, you have to make your bets within a time limit(60 sec). Once you have placed your bets, just spin the wheel.
Below are the top tips to play online roulette and increase your chances of winning:
- Know the basics, rules, and strategies of the game.
- Keep in mind your betting options. For this reason, I recommend downloading the cheat sheet and practicing it! It will help you!
- Before you go for real money, practice for free as much as possible.
- Play the outside: Although many say that to win big at online roulette you should bet on specific numbers, the reality is if you go for outside bets(i.e.red/black, even/odd, etc), there is around a 50/50 winning chance. For the inside bet, the odds are 35:1 or 37:1.
- To bet on the inside, it is better to use a strategy to increase your odds. For example, since you don’t have to bet on just one number, you can play several numbers near each other on the board with a single bet. The payout is not as high as hitting a single number, though it is higher than playing outside.
- European Roulette offers a slightly higher chance of winning, so it is better to play it more often. because your chances of winning are slightly higher.
- Every now and then, try a roulette betting strategy.
- Keep practicing the game and practice new online roulette tips.
- Although there will be times that you may win four spins in a row, by betting everything and losing, you will end up losing it all. So, here is the winning strategy: set aside a small number of your winnings, and DO NOT TOUCH IT!
- I keep saying this: only play at reputable casinos.
- NEVER EVER NEVER, chase your losses. You can get yourself in serious trouble by chasing your losses.
- Don’t go after fake advertisements of winning big money. If they say do this and you will win every time you play, just DON’T BELIEVE THEM. This is not true. Because it is a game of chance and house advantage never goes away. So, you will not win every single time you play. Be reasonable, wise, and responsible. You will have so much fun if you just play the game for the game’s sake, trust me!
Before we end this, let’s talk about cheating!!
How To Hack Roulette Online?
I know we all cheated at the school (okay! almost all!). People like to cheat and hack roulettes. Before I proceed and explain different tricks for hacking roulettes, let me tell you that cheating is not only bad but also illegal. Hence, don’t try to be a cheater! Of course, even if you eventually learn how to break the SSL and TLS security layers and manipulate the outcomes of the games, you will not accomplish much. Trust me, it is a total waste of time. Because the best gambling sites keep auditing their games for fair iGaming compliance and security measures. Instead of wasting your time and learning how to hack, learn how to beat the casinos at their games.
Although I will explain some hacks to cheat on roulette, I highly recommend not using any of them to beat a roulette game.
- Past Posting
This is actually one of the sleight-of-hand techniques. Thanks to the simplicity of the method, roulette cheats have been using it for centuries.
In this method, you place chips on the winning number after the ball stops and the winner is determined.
The concept is so easy for anyone to try. However, the key here is trying as this is almost impossible to past- post without being caught! Why? Because if you are not fast enough or have bad timing, the dealer or security cameras will catch you.
This method is similar to the previous one. Because this is also involved making a quick move with chips. However, there is a key difference here. In pinching, you remove a losing bet from the table after the ball has stopped.
Pinching requires the same skills as past posting. Except that here you make the opposite movement.
Remember, you need to be fast enough to grab the chips if you don’t want to get caught.
Richard Marcus-famous casino cheat- was a pro at this and other roulette sleight-of-hand moves.
- Wheel Rigging or Graffing
In this method, the roulette wheel is altered to favor certain numbers. You have probably seen this technique in the Oceans Thirteen movie.
One way is by loosening specific sections of the wheel. This way, a deadening effect will be created in specific pockets/sections. As a result, the chances that the ball lands in those sections increase.
Roulette Digital Cheating
This is a method that is considered legal by many. Even if they don’t call it legal, it is somehow accepted as a roulette cheat method. Online roulette casino cheaters take advantage of technology advancements to alter roulette outcomes. Computers they use can detect biased numbers and the winning pocket using physics laws. In the United States, the use of computer coding for the prediction of roulette winning numbers is not considered illegal.
To Sum It Up…
Whether legal or not, no casino allows you to cheat. You will be in trouble if they caught you cheating. Also, you could face legal charges. At the very least, casinos will put you on their blacklist.
Now, ask yourself, does this worth all the trouble? You want to have fun, don’t you? So just spend some time, learn the roulette basics, practice, go have fun, and even win real money.
How To Play Online Roulette And Win FAQs
Is There A Trick To Playing Roulette?
There are plenty of legal and illegal roulette tricks that I already explained. However, I highly recommend not using cheating tricks. Trust me! It is not worth it.
Can I Play Roulette Online For Free?
Yes, all online casinos that you find on this page offer a demo version of roulette games. You can play, practice, and prepare for placing real money bets. However, live casino roulettes do not have demo versions.
What Is The Best Roulette Variant?
Although European roulette offers better odds of winning, at the end of the day, this is your call to decide which variant is more convenient for you.
Latest Blog Posts
Join me to introduce you to the fascinating world of betting. From casino reviews to game tutorials and interesting content about sportsbooksview Profile