MLB All-Star Game 2023
The Stars Align For Another Crazy Midsummer Classic: 2023 MLB All-Star Game Projections And More!
The MLB All-Star Game is one of the most anticipated events of the baseball season. It is a showcase of baseball’s brightest stars and future legends from the American and National Leagues. The Seattle Mariners’ home stadium, T-Mobile Park, is scheduled to host the Midsummer Classic on Tuesday, July 11th, 2023. After 1979 and 2001, this is the third time that Seattle hosts the All-Star Game.
But the All-Star Game is not only a spectacle for fans and players; it is also a popular event for bettors who want to wager on the outcome of the game, the individual performances, and the various props offered by sportsbooks. In this article, we will give you some tips on how to bet on the MLB All-Star Game, as well as some of the best odds available at the best legit online sportsbooks.
Put on your Batting Helmets, and let’s dive in!
MLB ALL-STAR Game Short History
Every year, the MLB All-Star Game features the top players from the AL and the NL in a big, fun match. The game started in 1933 in Chicago as a part of the 1933 World’s Fair. The whole idea belongs to Arch Ward, the Chicago Tribune sports editor. The game was a huge success and became a yearly event, except for 1945 and 2020, when it was canceled due to World War II and the COVID-19 pandemic. There were two games each season for four years, from 1959 to 1962. The game is usually held in mid-July and features various events such as the Home Run Derby, Futures Game, and Celebrity Softball Game. The game also determines which league will host the first game of the World Series. MLB All-Star game has featured many remarkable moments and performances by some of the greatest players in baseball history. Some of the most notable All-Star Game MVPs (Most Valuable Player) include Cal Ripken Jr., Mike Trout, Pedro Martinez, and Bo Jackson.
2023 All-Star Game Roster Selection
Since 2002, fans and the public vote for the players they want to see playing on the big day.
The first voting phase for the All-Star Game started on May 31 and will continue until Thursday, June 22. Fans have the opportunity to select the players they want to start at each position (except for the outfield, where they can pick three players) in both the AL and the NL. They are allowed to vote five times in every 24 hours.
The first phase will end on June 22 at noon ET, and the top two players at each position (plus six outfielders) will be announced. The player with the most votes in each league will be a starter for this year’s All-Star Game. The remaining starters will be determined in the second phase, which begins on Monday, June 26th. During the second phase, fans will choose between the top two (or six, for the outfield positions) players and pick the starter at each position in both leagues. On June 29th at noon ET the 2nd phase will end, and the winners will be announced shortly after. MLB.com, the MLB mobile app, and MLB stadiums are ways for fans to vote. Fans cannot vote for pitchers because the pitchers will be selected and benched by the players and the commissioner’s office for the All-Star Game.
The complete 23-player rosters for both leagues will be announced on Sunday, July 2.
2023 MLB All-Star Week Highlights
The All-Star is not just a game but a whole package of excitement!
The MLB All-Star Week will start on Saturday, July 8th, with the Capital One PLAY BALL PARK. It is an indoor/outdoor event featuring baseball, softball, food, music, and much more. The SiriusXM All-Star Futures Game and the All-Star Celebrity Softball Game will take place on the same day. The rest of the week will feature the following events:
- Sunday, July 9th: 2023 MLB Draft
- Monday, July 10th: T-Mobile Home Run Derby
- Tuesday, July 11th: The big day presented by Mastercard!
All-Star Managers: An Old Tradition
The managers of the All-Star Game are those who led the previous year’s league pennant winners and World Series clubs. This tradition started in 1934, and each manager will pick the coaching staff for each team. It means the All-Star manager might be with a different team than he won with. Following this tradition, Dusty Baker, the manager of the Houston Astros, will manage the American League squad because he won the last season’s AL pennant and the World Series. On the other hand, the National League squad will be managed by the Philadelphia Phillies manager Rob Thompson as he won last year’s NL pennant.
How To Bet On The 2023 MLB All-Star Game?
Do you want to wager on MLB All-Star Game? Remember that the game has no effect on the season outcome. So players won’t take it seriously and avoid any risky plays leading lead to possible injuries.
Oddsmakers offer a variety of MLB All-Star game betting odds, including player props that you can take advantage of. It will help you earn some money from betting on the rest of the season and bet on the best players in the league – all in the same game. The format of the MLB All-Star game allows for more prop wagering options- which can be extra fun!
Betting on the game is similar to other sports betting and follows the same betting guidelines as other baseball games and tournaments. If you are new to baseball betting and sports betting in general, read our comprehensive guide on baseball betting to learn all the nitty-gritty of wagering on this exciting sport.
Common Betting Markets
Aside from the extra prop wagers, MLB fans can bet on various markets, including:
- MLB All-Star Moneyline: The most straightforward market, where you will predict whether the National League or the American League win the game.
- MLB All-Star Point Spread: This market gives the underdog a slight advantage. Unlike other sports, baseball has no points; there are runs. Hence, point spread in baseball is called Runline. As a result, your favored All-star team must win the game by specific runs for your wager to win. On the other hand, if you wager on the underdog, they should win the game or lose by less than the spread for your bet to pay off.
- MLB All-Star Totals: Similar to other sports, over/under market allows you to decide if the game score will be over and under the total that the bookmaker set.
- MLB All-Star Props: Prop betting is one of the exciting sports betting markets. The MLB All-Star game offers more opportunities for prop bets that are not usually seen for regular-season games. You can bet on literally anything happening during the game, including but not limited to the first team to hit a home run, the first base runner of the game, and whether the game will extend beyond the regular innings.
- MLB All-Star Live Bets: In-play bets double the thrill of any sporting match by allowing you to wager on the game in real time. This market is risky, hence offering higher payouts.
Wrap-Up On MLB All-Star Game 2023
The 2023 MLB All-Star Game is going to be a thrilling event, with the National League expected to win the game. Fans can look forward to seeing some of the best players in the league competing for the MVPs. The game is scheduled to take place on July 11th, 2023, and will be held at T-Mobile Park in Seattle. With the game still a month away, fans can look forward to seeing which players will make it onto the rosters and how the game will play out.
MLB All-Star Game 2023 Frequently Asked Questions
- Who Is Favored To Win The 2023 MLB All-Star Game?
National League is favored to win the game.
- Who Won the 2022 MLB All-Star Game?
American League won the game 3-2 over National League.
- Where Can I Bet On MLB All-Star Game 2023?
The best legit US online sportsbooks with early lines and competitive markets are Betonline, BetMGM, Bovada, Fan Duel, and DraftKings.
- Who Is Favored To Win 2023 All-Star MVP?
LeBron James from the Los Angeles Lakers, with the odds of +450, is most likely to win the title.
- Who Is Favored To Win The 2023 MLB Season ROY (Rookie Of The Year)?
Masataka Yoshida is the leading, and Anthony Volpe is the second most favored candidate.
- Where Will The 2024 MLB All-Star Game Take Place?
The MLB All-Star Game in 2024 will be hosted by Texas Rangers at Globe Life Field in Arlington.
Latest Blog Posts
I am a professional poker player and here I will introduce you the best casinos for betting and learn new things about the world of betting.view Profile